Our friends at the Hartford Courant Alumni Association and Refugee Camp have posted the memo that the new publisher of the Courant sent to all employees of the Courant and Fox61.
- Daytime News cast
- Historical/Cultural News (“Holocaust Memorial” – David Springer, Reporter/writer; Christopher Wood, photographer.)
- Societal Concerns (“Out of the Darkness” – Matthew Cyr, Photographer/editor; Christopher Wood, Photographer; Andrea Vavasour, producer/writer.)
- On-Camera Talent: reporter – features, David Springer composite
- Audio: Joe Connors, composite
As we told you recently, radio personality Mary Jones is appearing once a week on the WVIT NBC30 11 am news. Well, apparently they like her so much that they have added her “All That & More” segment to the 5pm news. (The headline won’t mean anything to you unless you’re over 45 or so and remember the song of that name by The Association…) Congrats, Mary!
New Hartford Courant Publisher: Fox61 General Manager Graziano
Friends tells us that a station meeting is being held late this morning at Fox61 where some major announcements will be made:
1)The television news operation will move from its current location on Church Street in downtown Hartford to 285 Broad Street, the home of the Hartford Courant (both news organizations are owned by Tribune). The plan is to start building a state-of the-art television studio this summer.
2) Fox61 will add two newscasts to its line-up at 12 noon and 6 pm
3) Fox61 Senior V.P. and General Manager Richard Graziano is Publisher of the Hartford Courant effective immediately, replacing Stephen Carver.
Here’s a link to the press release.
Phew – we’re busy digesting…
David Gregory was a hit this past week as he addressed more than 300 people during a speech at Quinnipiac University’s Fitness and Recreation Center Wednesday night.
NBC30’s Lauren Petty was able to grab a picture and an interview with the Meet the Press moderator.
We would love any feedback from those who may have attended the event.