- Any CT media outlet (TV, radio, print and online) that accepts political advertising.
- Connecticut’s State Senate, which has added to its diversity with the election of its first two Latino members – Ayala (D) Bridgeport, Linares (R) Westbrook.
- The Journal Register Company newspapers whose website dedicated to the 5th congressional district race became a must-read.
- In his campaign radio ad, WDRC-AM’s Brad Davis told us that in 50 years of broadcasting he never endorsed a candidate but that he was now endorsing Linda McMahon. If something’s worked for 50 years, you might want to think twice before changing it.
- The audience-attended debates at the Garde Arts Center in New London. Major kudos to The Day and WTNH for consistently hosting these events, but during the past two U.S. Senate contests (Blumenthal-McMahon 2010, Murphy-McMahon 2012) the attendees have gotten out of hand. Time to reconsider the set-up for the 2014 gubernatorial race.